Thursday, May 3, 2012

B is for Babbling and Books

By Aziza

"This needs to stop!" my mom yells at me. I shrug and say I can't help it. It's a huge problem and all, but it's not like I can do anything, it's just my nature. 'What?' you say? Talking. I've got a serious problem with it. That, and zoning out. I just can't do anything about it, it just happens. My teachers are always telling me to shut up (maybe not like that) my sister is always doing it, and sometimes I even want myself to shut off my train of thought to get a little peace. How did I stop this? Well, easy. I occupied myself. Whenever I have a little time to myself, I read. Even when teachers stop for a second, I pull out a book and read. It's the only way I can keep myself from turning around and starting to talk to someone. If I'm reading, I'm captured in my own box of solitude, and I'm so occupied with my book I don't have the temptation to start talking. It might seem nerdy, but it works for me. Than, after I started using that strategy, I started noticing that I read so much I really didn't feel like actually talking to people, and that I only wanted to read, and became a lot less social. Even when I didn't have a book, I still wanted to stay in my bubble. So, either way, a problem arose. But I figured out a way to put a balance between when I wanted to talk to people and when I wanted to be solitary.

Life Lesson: A solution to one problem might be a gateway straight into another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment