Wednesday, May 2, 2012

F is for Feeling Really Stupid!!!!

By Gabby

Track. I wanted to do a sport, but I knew I wasn't good at anything. I tried out for basketball, didn't make it. I tried soccer, too lazy to go to try outs. I even tried out for an Arlington Lacrosse team and didn't make it. So finally track season started. I knew I wouldn't have to try out but I easily knew I was the slowest runner. So I decided to go easy and try long jumping. It turned out I was really good at it. I went to every practice and started getting really serious about the sport.

Then one very sunny Thursday there was practice. " Why aren't you wearing your gym uniform?" a girl on my track team asked me.

Well, I had totally forgotten there was practice again and I had already changed into my regular clothes. Dang! Now I would have to get back into my sweaty gym clothes! "Um.... I'm not going to practice today" I answered.

"You know if you have one unexcused missed practice, you can't compete in the next meet." Emory said. Ugh, I was really tired, and I just wanted to get home!

"I know.... I'm quitting track. Tell that to the coach" I said. There. I wouldn't have to go to track now.

The next day Emory came up to me. "Hey! You know you got picked to run in the track meet in the girls 11-12 long jump division!"
 
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! 
 
I had missed that track meet for nothing! I could have competed! I was so stupid. I didn't want to go to the coach and explain about how I wasn't really quitting. Now I have made a promise to myself to stay on track or whatever sport I choose.  
 
 Life Lesson: Never give up or there will be consequences!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment