Saturday, May 28, 2011

2 is for 2nd SOL

By Riittisha

Our second SOL of the sixth grade year .. Mathematics.

I aced it. I know it in my gut. Well, of course, I aced it, I've been totally prepared, but I mean I got a 590 or above. I just like, know it. 600.

This time, it wasn't cold, and even though I wasn't wearing my sweater. I think it was because we were all so warm from running around outside, and drenched with perspiration. And the heat of everyone made the room warm.

Now, the SOL. Easy, peezy, lemon-squeezy(: True, there were some questions I spent quite some time on, but I used some strategies.. process of elimination, and just common sense. There was especially one question I was worried about, and I called Ms. R to say I didn't understand, but she said read it over carefully, and try again. That helped. I'm not being sarcastic. Just hearing someone else say what you already know, it kind of soothes you. So I went back, and I think I chose the correct answer.

You know how people say they reviewed everything, but they really don't most of the time? I don't sometimes, because I'm just so glad I finished everything, and I know I did my best, and I'm, oh so tired and everything? Yeah. I don't do that anymore.

Today, I had this feeling that I HAD to check it over, I made mistakes, so I listened to my gut and I did. Boy, am I glad!! I made 2 careless mistakes, and that shook me. It made me less confident that I did my best the first time, and I guess that's a good thing. So from now on, I will check and re-check everything.

Life Lesson: Second time's the charm. Check and check again.

1 comment:

  1. This has nothing to do with the SOL's but I wonder if the little faces show up here. I'll try. <(")

    ReplyDelete