Sunday, May 15, 2011

O is for Obsession

By Tasnim

Vines spiraling down stairs. Green, orange, yellow, everywhere you look. Butterflies lurking around. The smell of flowers lingering in the air. This is a garden.

My family loves gardening. I mean, they're obssesed with it. Plants are like theid kids! I learned a lot from gardening though. Who knew that one day, I'd actually be into it!

Now, I did hate it before. And I used to think "Why bother. I mean it's such hard work for stuff you can buy at the grocery store?" But I thought wrong, because there is a difference.

One of my most favorite things is watching the other people admire our garden. It fills me with pride to see how much others like ourplace. Everones always saying how pretty it is, and how it sells good. Well, I guess thats one way this stuff actually pays off.

Another way is the freshness. You get to eat fresh vegetables and maybe even some fruits. All picked from your backyard! It tastes better, and is healthier for you to eat. It's  pretty cool to just go outide whenever my mom needs something.

I love watching the plants grow. It's pretty cool to see a plants improvment in one day. Expecualt when one night  theres nothing, and the next, there's a nice big flower in its place! Maybe being obsessed with something you love isn't always a bad thing.

Life Lesson: Obssesions aren't always a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with plants and stuff. You should see our front yard right now. It's covered with so many vegtable plants, I can't even name them all!

    ReplyDelete