Saturday, May 7, 2011

G is for Giving Up

By Haben

One sunny morning me and my fifth grade class went outside for recess. There were jump ropes, hula hoops, basket balls, and soccer balls. I picked up one of the hula hoops and decided to play with it.

While I was hula hooping I saw my friends who were also hula hooping too but on their leg. That was so cool I had to try it. On my first try I failed. On my second try I tripped over the hula hoop. Then on my third try I got it but then I messed up. I was so mad and I wanted to give up. Part of me said, "Keep on going. You can do it".

The other part of me said, "What’s the point? You're making a fool of yourself." Eventually I chose the first advice and kept trying but I still couldn't do it so I walked over to my friends and asked them to teach me. They were kind enough to help.

At the last minute of recess I finally got it! I was so happy. I screamed, "I did it! I did it!” I thanked my friends so much.

Life lesson: If at first you don't succeed try, try again.

1 comment:

  1. If at first you don't fricase, fry, fry a hen!
    The Life Lesson is so true.

    ReplyDelete