Monday, May 16, 2011

P is for Perfect!

By Annabel

When I was younger I always used to think that everything had to be perfect. "Oh this card must be perfect!" I would say, or "No, that's not right!" And I would start all over.

Once when I was in second grade we were making a Mother's day card. The first time I started to make it, the glue smeared my writing so I started over. This time someone drew on my paper "by accident" so I started over again. The third time I was being very aware of everything, because I didn't want to have to start over again! Taking my time, I saw someone coming over, again "by accident" they dropped the glitter all over my paper, and it stuck to my glue. I had to start over a fourth time, and this time nothing was going to happen, because if something bad happened my teacher wouldn't let me get another paper. So I was especially careful. Finally I finished, with it looking as good as it could ever be. I wanted it to be so perfect that I put it in a SPECIAL plastic bag so that nothing bad could ever happen to it.

And nothing ever did. My card made it home safely. But I kept my eye on it until Mother's day. No one was going to mess up that card! I had worked so hard on it.


Life Lesson: Not everything has to be perfect, just try your best and it's already perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment