Saturday, May 21, 2011

U is for Up Ahead

By Riittisha

Summer. That's what's lying ahead. I haven't given it much deep thought lately. I mean, I've thought about it, like, "WOO! Schools over!!" "Beach, beware, we're about to crash into you!!" or "No homework, no getting up early, and no stress!!" But is summer really a good thing? And I don't mean "good thing" like I'm about to talk about like how chlorine and stuff can harm you. No. I mean sadness. I've been thinking a lot about memories, and the past. But summer. It's a good two months away from school, but everyone knows, when you get back, everything's going to change. New people, old friends, not the same schedule, you and your best friends could be not in the same team, you know you're not going to have the same teachers, and everything.

I'm looking forward to summer, we're either going on a cruise or to Disney World, we always go to beach, and what's not fun about having two months to hang out with your friends? But summer also marks the end of the school year, your time for this year is over.

And I can't get over how different next year is going to be. I love my schedule, my teachers, my TA.. and my team. All the people in my classes, everything. I know it's not going to happen next year. If by some miracle, everyone in the Dolphins is a otter, and the classes are the same, which is NEVER, no Mrs. Y. wouldn't want me saying Impossible, it's VERY un-likely. And no way, are the same teachers, same team, all that. It gives you a hollow feeling at how different things are going to be. Why can't we just have summer, and repeat the whole sixth grade again, but learning seventh grade stuff, and all that. Oh and anyway, the whole Math thing and everything is changing. Life has too many changes. But we can face them, even if they knock you down.

Life Lesson; When changes occur, don't grit your teeth, and hide. Instead, prepare and brace for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. I have camps and traveling this summer. What about you?

    ReplyDelete