Monday, May 23, 2011

W is for Water Fight

By Kimberly

It all started with a balloon and ended with a deadly fight. (Deadly as in really enthusiastic about the “fight”) First water was used to fill the balloons, but as soon as us teenagers got the hose, let's just say we weren’t exactly aiming for the balloon. Instead water started splashing everywhere. The spirals in the hose made it just as flexible to turn around as our arms. As I reached out to grasp the handle on the hose my friend aimed it directly at my face. First at my face, but as soon as I opened my eyes I was drenched. I quickly took control of the hose and got him back. Then I sprinted over to the bucket, carefully avoiding the water, and got hold of the water balloons. I soon learned that as soon as a balloon touched the grass it would explode, creating water to burst. At the moment we didn’t realize it but the whole front lawn was soaked in water. Cars, windows, everything was wet. We ended it with me 2 wins, 1 loss, and my friend, 3 wins, 1 loss. So we teamed up, filled the bucket with water, and got my cousin soaked. It didn’t make their day, but it made ours :) .

Life Lesson: Even when you lose, sometimes you win.

1 comment: