Friday, May 20, 2011

T is for Tornado Tantrum

By Ashley

"Oh my goodness! For real?! No way!"

I dreaded the words that the meteorologist had said. The 2 words followed me everywhere.

I'm careful and on the lookout. Like a mouse looking for cheese but is nimble/careful for any mouse traps.

As I took a look out of the window, I feel the winds roaring. I open up the window and SPLAT..PATTER PATTER PATTER..SPLAT..PATTER PATTER PATTER..SPLAT! The continuos noise of hail and rain mixed together was annoying. So I decided to close the window.

The feelings I got when there's a tornado watch or warning, were just like that. I get so scared that I panic. It's like I'm having a physco attack! And sometimes I talk a lot to get that bad thought out of my mind. But I just simply can't!

I have NEVER been in a tornado. But I have mixed emotions to rather wanting to be in one and not. I want to be in one so I can have that experience. And I'll know EXACTLY what to do in case of one. But I don't want to be one because I could lose my life or something. And that would be terrible!!!!

Life Lesson: Don't freak out over something that might not happen. And being in a tornado may be a good story to tell your friends. But it won't be when someone gets hurt!!!

1 comment: