Wednesday, May 18, 2011

R is for Riding Bikes

By Chris

One day, when I was at  my local park, I had the most painful experience ever! I was riding home on my bike with my family, when I fell. Normally, a fall wouldn't be to bad, but add that I was speeding down a hill and fell on my face and skidded a couple inches, it was painful. I had just fallen face first off my bike while speeding down the hill, patches of skin ripped off, me yelling and screaming as loud as I could. My mom ordered me to get up and stop hyperventilating. I got up, tried my best to stop hyperventilating, and walked my bike the rest of the way home. Alcohol was put directly onto my face, it burned like crazy. The skin was still off, so it looked like I was a deformed alien, with almost half of his face torn off. The next day, What happened to Chris? chorused through the halls. At that moment I vowed never to ride a bike down a big hill again.

 Fast forward to now. I love to ride down big hills and go fast. I haven't fallen off my bike since that incident and have never looked back. 
Life Lesson: When life knocks you down, don't be afraid to get back up.

1 comment:

  1. The first time I ever rode a two-wheeler, I crashed into my brother, and both bikes were ruined.

    ReplyDelete