Saturday, May 14, 2011

N is for No Shots Allowed!!!!!!!!!!!

By Pamela

"Please don't make me," I tried to get loose from my mom's grip.

"It's not that bad," my mom said.

"Yes it is," I said quietly.

This day all started when I got up and got dressed to go to school, boo. "Do you want to get your shots after school or before school?" my mom asked. Of course I said before so I could miss some of school.

I rushed in to our ocean green car. Wait, did she say shots? I thought. My enemy since day 1? I could imagine all the pain. When we arrived my heart sounded like bongos.

"You look pale," my mother said with a millimeter of concern. She started filling out these forms, which to me is a waste of paper. When she was done she gave it to a lady with golden brown hair. Even that lady said I looked pale.

"Honey there's nothing to be afraid of." I just smiled but in the back of my head, I said yeah yeah yeah. My mom and I went to the waiting area for kids, and they were showing some little kids' show with bobble head cartoons, I like those. It was called Little Einstien.

I was holding on to the chair like a life preserver. Minutes went by, but my heart moved like a race car. Then I saw the nurse and said as soft as a mouse, "Please don't be me."

"Pamela?"

We got up from our chairs. The nurse rubbed my shoulder with rubbing alcohol. Then the needle comes out, grrrrrrrrrr. I braced myself, and I felt a little pinch, but that wasn't that. The second one-- wow that one hurt! Blood came out, and even a tiny bit of blood makes me want to faint. Did I tell you my mother was hiding in the corner because she didn't want to see the blood? Thanks, Mom.

Life lesson: The first shot is not that bad, but the second one is really bad.

1 comment:

  1. The very first time I got a shot, I thought the lady was trying to stab me, so I screamed and tried to call 911.

    ReplyDelete