Thursday, May 12, 2011

L is for Lake Monster

By Suvra

It was slimy and big! It was probably about 7 yo 8 feet long! It was one of the most disgusting things I ever saw! It was..... keep on reading to find out.

So one time when I was little, like around 6 I went fishing with my uncle. We went fishing in our pond. The thing is the pond wasn't the cleanest pond in the world. But it was still a pond and it was the home to a lot of different kinds of fish.

So anyway, we were fishing in the pond. Now the way you know how to fish, isn't the way my uncle fishes. You fish with a worm on a hook. My uncle fishes by throwing a big net in the water and after a few minutes going into the water and bringing the net back on land.Then he gets the fish and puts them in something that looks like a basket.


We got 27 fish and they were big. Then I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was huge! I thought it was a lake monster because it was big, and slimy. I ran to my uncle and said " Uncle! look a lake monster"! He looked at it and then started laughing.

I didn't get why he was laughing at a lake monster! I asked him why he was laughing and he told me to go near it. I thought he was insane, but I did what he said. I went near it and got a good look at it. Suddenly I broke out laughing and couldn't stop. The thing I thought was a lake monster was actually a log! You guessed it a log! It was floating in the pond like a floater. That day I learned two lessons.

Life lessons: Think twice before saying something. Also don't judge something by its cover.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Once, I thought I saw the lochness monster, but it was just a guy covered in seaweed.

    ReplyDelete